Wednesday 17 May 2017

Exploring Tynemouth by bike

 

Over the past few days I've had the delight of having my sister visit. As well as both doing bits of work (finishing a uni project for Alicia and business bits for me) we have managed to squeeze in some adventures! A definite welcome break after the last two hectic weeks.

Alicia arrived in Newcastle Central station early Monday morning so of course we had to go for brunch! After wandering around looking for a place that sold pancakes (we are still looking), we settled for a window seat at the Tyneside Cinema café.


We couldn’t shelter from the rain forever and so ventured out to the shops where Alicia proceeded to purchase 4 pairs of sunglasses (she has a shades obsession rather than handbags). I picked a pair up myself and we headed to Lit and Phil library near Central Station. I must go back when my hands aren’t full of luggage and shopping!


We spent what was rest of the day doing bits of work and enjoying a bits and bobs dinner.


Tuesday was a perfect day to spend exploring as the sun decided to show itself. We took a trip to Cullercoats bike and kayak hire to hire out cruisers (something that’s been on my to-do list for a good while). The service at the store was excellent and we enjoyed our cycle along Tynemouth’s coast-line. Next time I'll convince Alicia to try the tandem bike. And I must bring up my own bike from Essex so I can do more cycling!





We took a stop at Dill and the Bear along Tynemouth high street where we enjoyed iced frappes and a slice of banana and walnut bread – heavenly! Then it was back to mine to finish off some work.




In the evening, once Richard was back from work we went back to Tynemouth to enjoy dinner at Lola Jeans. Alicia and Richard had burgers while I enjoyed my favourite salmon super food salad. We then took a long walk along King Edwards bay and Longsands beach enjoying the beautiful sunset and smooth sea until we made it to the Surf Café to enjoy the live acoustic music.








Two brilliant days spent with the younger sister and enjoying what the local area has to offer! Hopefully it won’t be too long until I get to see Alicia again!

-Ellie




SHARE:

1 comment

© Performance Sports Therapy. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig